Thursday, October 13, 2011

Even I, Even You~



If you can dream---and not make dreams your master;
If you can think---and not make thoughts your aim,
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same:.
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build'em up with worn-out tools;

                                                     ~Rudyard Kipling




Here's the thing.  We all have dreams and desires.  We all feel different things calling us.  The only thing is, many of us don't have all the shiny tools to do whatever it is that's calling our name in the dark and telling us to follow her.  Many of the things we have in our hands are bandaged, broken and weak...or at least it seems like this to us.  So what are we going to do?  Sit back and talk about how broken our tools are and how we don't have enough of this or enough of that?  I have found that this doesn't yield much as far as results go.  But what has really been blowing my mind is that what I have in my hands is always enough.  I may have to look at it differently and wait to see the thing that I have been looking at for some time in new light and in that new light a new purpose of it's being-ness emerges.


I have seen a school desk become a bed-side table, an old soda bottle become a perfect soap dispenser, and shoe string budget have enough for countless beautiful stories told.  So you see, worn out tools can build build'em up.  Even I, Even you...it's what they want to do.     

No comments: