Thursday, April 28, 2011

When you compare yourself to others only two things occur, you find yourself better or less than the other.
Neither is good~ unknown


I have a slow metabolism. I eat the same thing as the reasonable person next to me and I gain weight. I restrict myself to 1200 calories and I don't lose a pound. Not a stinking pound. So you see how easy it was for me to walk around feeling sorry for myself.

I went to my doctor with this sob story, ready for him to commiserate with me and tell me how he had some magic pill or advice that would make me skinny. So I sat there on the examination table with my robe on, naked and cold and started telling my doctor how slow my metabolism was. I wanted him to tell me how sorry he felt for me and how skinny people are the devil. Instead, in response to my, "my metabolism is so slow" my doctor looked nonchalantly at his computer and said, "what the hell does that mean?" He said, "it is irrelevant what someone else needs calorically, what is important to understand in a meaningful way is, what CHA needs".

So whether it's calories, houses, cars or jobs...it's not important what anyone else needs to be their highest and best. It matters what you need~

No comments: